Health Insurance Marketplace Assistance
If you need help accessing, understanding, or applying to the Health Insurance Marketplace, Valley Community Health Centers’ Certified Application Counselors can help you!
VCHC is recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services as a Certified Application Counselor Organization. We have Certified Application Counselors (CACs) available who can answer questions and help you determine what types of healthcare options are available. This service is provided for you at no cost, regardless of whether or not VCHC is your health care provider. Our purpose is to serve your best interest in accessing health insurance information, applying for health care coverage, and enrolling in the plan that suits your needs.
WHAT CERTIFIED APPLICATION COUNSELORS CAN DO:
- Help you explore your current options, answer your questions and provide information about the full range of Qualified Health Plan (QHP) options and Insurance Affordability Programs for which you may be eligible. You may be able to get coverage now through existing programs such as Medicaid and CHIP.
- Help you learn about different types of health coverage. Through the Marketplace, you’ll be able to choose a health plan that gives you the right balance of costs and coverage.
- Help you to understand how insurance works, including things like premiums, deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums, copayments, and coinsurance.
- Assist with applications for coverage in a QHP through the Marketplace and for Insurance Affordability Programs.
- Help facilitate enrollment in QHPs and Insurance Affordability Programs.
WHAT CERTIFIED APPLICATIONS COUNSELORS CANNOT DO:
- Steer you in any particular direction when choosing a plan for yourself or your family. We are here to give you the information you need to help you make your own best health coverage decisions.
Charge a fee for assisting you. We strongly suggest using extreme caution if any other person or organization solicits you and asks for a fee to help you with accessing the Marketplace!
CACs are certified nationally through the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. These designated individuals are required to complete certification training and comply with privacy and security laws, and other program standards.
We are happy to assist you in person at any of our Valley Community Health Centers sites in Larimore, or the Grand Forks dental clinic. We also have computer kiosks available at all of our sites for your self-service convenience.
For Marketplace assistance, callMary (Outreach & Enrollment Specialist, Certified Application Counselor) at 701-587-6602, ext. 2005 or Rae Ann (Family Services, Certified Application Counselor) at 701-757-1137. You may also email us at email@example.com
Prepare to Apply:
The Marketplace offers different types of health plans to meet a variety of needs and budgets. You’ll need to figure out how much you want to spend on health coverage each month.
Most people using the Marketplace will qualify to save money. To find out how much you’re eligible for when you apply, it will help to have these things close by:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Birth dates
- Pay stubs, W-2 forms, or “Wage and Tax Statements”
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance
- Information about any health insurance you or your family could get from your jobs
Keep in Mind:
- If you have job-based health insurance you like, you can keep it. You may be able to change to Marketplace coverage if you want to.
- You can ask your employer if it plans to offer health insurance. If not, you may need to get insurance through the Marketplace or from other sources in 2014. If you don’t have coverage, you may have to pay a fee.
To Access the Marketplace:
You may access the Marketplace at www.Healthcare.gov or call the national call center at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY-1-855-889-4325). Assistance is available in 150 languages.
Spanish speakers may also access the Marketplace at www.Cuidadodesalud.gov